Tonight I went to The End and I saw Allie Peden. It was amazing. It was like one of those moments when you're like... so that's what it's like. It's like I've seen all the beatnik movies or indie underground club moments where people are watching something special. It felt surreal. I've seen Allie play many times. I've written with her. I recently shot her (photo above). But something hit me tonight. Maybe it was the room or maybe it's been the weird week I've had. Either way, it hit me. Like a train hitting my chest. It was like I felt a wind hit my head. I stood there shaking my head in pure amazement. I feel like all of my nights spent watching people play music. All of the mindless arm folding finally paid off. It was like the first time I heard Matthew Perryman Jones. It was a truly mind blowing experience. I finally feel legit. Like I'm really underground finding the cool music. I once heard Allie's brother, Bill, refer to her as an old soul. In a way that's funny but her voice matches that maturity. I'm rambling. She has a record coming out later this year. it is untitled at the moment. It is now my most anticipated release of 2008. Go listen. She's HH endorsed. And that means nothing.
love
-HH

No comments:
Post a Comment